Naturally Africa Foundation
Broadening horizons, changing lives
Registered Charity Number: 1137411
Help us to change lives through provision of and improved access to basic human rights - food, shelter, education and healthcare.
The prevention or relief of poverty in Africa through provision or assistance in the provision of education, healthcare and the necessary support required to enable individuals to be self-sufficient and generate a sustainable income.
To promote sustainable development through the conservation, preservation and protection of the environment and the prudent use of resources.
We aim to support projects that have strong sustainability objectives, in preference to providing aid and creating dependence upon the supply of further aid in the future.
We aim to make available the basic rights outlined above to those living in poverty, including orphaned and vulnerable children and families affected by disease such as HIV/AIDS and to provide means by which they may generate an income to support themselves in the future.
Examples of our activities and areas that we aim to provide support include:
• Malaria prevention and education about prevention and treatment.
• Nurseries, providing basic education and care for children of pre-school age in communities with a high level of poverty and generally a high proportion of orphaned, or vulnerable children.
• Feeding schemes and child sponsorship programmes for orphaned and vulnerable children.
• Primary schools and educational institutions with the aim of improving facilities, providing educational materials and resources and improving the overall standard of education. This includes the introduction of IT education programmes, with the aim of benefitting both the children and the wider community where possible.
• Healthcare and disease education and awareness, such as programmes for people living with HIV/AIDS, or training of community volunteers in basic home based care and provision of basic supplies.
• Income-generating schemes for families, or communities living in poverty, including child headed households and those living with HIV/AIDS.
• Provision of sports equipment to schools and community teams, which have limited or no resources and support for programmes that encourage children to participate in extra-curricular and team activities and to exercise.
• Teacher training scholarships for untrained teachers from disadvantaged backgrounds.
Naturally Africa Foundation
5 Golding Gardens
Charity Choice Directory Listings
- Children & Youth - Education & Training
- Children & Youth - Health
- Children & Youth - Overseas
- Education & Training - Apprenticeships & Vocational Training
- Health - Children's Health
- Human Rights - Poverty
- International - Africa
- Overseas Aid - Children Overseas
- Overseas Aid - Education
- Overseas Aid - Health
Help us raise money by becoming a fundraiser. You can set up fundraising events for the charity or any of our appeals. If you're interested then please click the button below to set up your fundraising event.
We currently have 16 friends, including:
Gifts left in Wills are really important to us. Click the button below to find more about our charity legacy appeal and what options are available to you.