Charity Terms and Conditions
These terms relate to your charity's registration on the Charity Choice website www.charitychoice.co.uk (the 'Website').
Please read the Terms carefully and make sure that you understand them, before agreeing to them on behalf of the charity which you represent, which we will refer to as the 'Charity'.
- 1. We are Wilmington Publishing & Information Limited, a company registered in England and Wales under company number 03368442 with a registered office at 6-14 Underwood St, London N1 7JQ.
- 2. To contact us, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 3. We operate the Website, which enables Website users to give to charities through a variety of mediums.
The Charity's use of the Website
- 4. By agreeing to register with the Website in accordance with these Terms, the Charity will be permitted to upload material on to the Website.
- 5. The Charity must ensure that all content posted on the Website:
- 5.1 is up-to-date and accurate;
- 5.2 is compliant with any applicable laws or regulations;
- 5.3 is published in accordance with any necessary licences and/or approvals; and
- 5.4 does not make any misrepresentation or mislead Website users in any way.
- 6. The Charity must not use the Website to conduct, display or forward surveys, raffles, lotteries, contests, pyramid schemes or chain letters.
- 7. In uploading material to the Website the Charity will allow the public to access and use that material.
- 8. Other than:
- 8.2 any Charity trade marks, which the Charity hereby grants us a non-exclusive royalty free licence to use;
- any material uploaded to the Website will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary, and we will therefore have the right to use, copy, distribute and disclose to third parties any such material for any purpose.
- 9. The Charity may create a hypertext link from the Website to a website which it operates, but only if that link does not affect the ability of any Website user to return to the previous site he or she had visited.
- 10. The Charity must inform us of any claim made in relation to content which it has posted on the Website, or material relating to such content, and in particular ensure that we have a reasonable opportunity to comment on the terms of any proposed payment or settlement of any such claim or proceedings.
- 11. We reserve the right to remove for any reason content uploaded by the Charity.
- 12. The Website includes a fundraising tool (the 'Donation Facility') which enables a Website user to donate money to the Charity.
- 13. We do not charge for the Donation Facility and will not make any deduction from any donations made to the Charity through the Donation Facility, apart from transaction fees levied by WorldPay, our payment processor. The donor's card provider may also levy transfer fees.
- 14. We shall hold all donations received for and on behalf of the Charity in a non-interest bearing account with Barclays Bank Plc. This is confirmed in a Declaration of Trust dated 22nd November 2011, which we can provide to the Charity on request.
- 15. The Charity must provide us with the details of the UK bank account into which it would like any donations to the Charity to be transferred. We shall transfer any donations for the Charity to that bank account within 14 days of the donation being made.
- 16. If the Charity is raising money for a particular appeal, it may request that funds donated in response to that appeal are transferred to a different UK bank account, and we will use our best endeavours to comply with that request.
- 17. In the event that a donor requests a refund of any donation made to the Charity for any reason, and whether the request is made to us or to the Charity, it shall be the sole responsibility of the Charity to respond to such a request.
- 18. In the event that a fundraising appeal fails for any reason, it shall be the Charity's responsibility to comply with its duty (if applicable) to return donations to identifiable donors and to contact the Charity Commission, OSCR or HMRC as applicable.
- 19. Where the Charity is registered for automatic collection of Gift Aid, we will (subject to a donor's declaration of eligibility) make Gift Aid reclaims from HMRC and transfer the sums received from HMRC to the Charity.
Communications with Website users
- 20. The Charity may, following the receipt of a donation, send an initial acknowledgement e-mail to a donor, confirming and thanking the donor for the donation. Otherwise, the Charity may not correspond with Website users directly unless users have expressly opted in to receive such correspondence.
- 21. The Charity shall not provide a donor with any gift, prize or any other form of incentive in connection with the making of any donation by the donor.
- 22. We offer a range of marketing tools and services for charities and we may contact the Charity from time to time with information relating to these services.
Terminating our services
- 23. We reserve the right to suspend or permanently deny the Charity's use of the Website or its associated services for any reason, or to close the Website, or to otherwise terminate these Terms.
- 24. The Charity may de-register from the Website at any time. The request must be made in writing and we shall remove all information uploaded by the Charity onto the Website within a reasonable time of receiving the request. The Terms will continue to apply to the Charity's past use of the Website.
- 25. Any waiver by us of any breach of any obligation arising under the Terms shall not constitute a waiver of any other breach and any failure to exercise or partial exercise by us of any remedy shall not constitute a waiver of the right subsequently to exercise that or any other remedy.
- 26. A person who is not a party to these Terms has no right under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 to enforce any term of these Terms.
- 27. If any provision of the Terms is held by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid unlawful or unenforceable for any reason then such part will be severed from the remainder of this agreement, which will continue to be valid and enforceable to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- 28. The Terms and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with them shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of England and Wales, and the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction.
- 29. These Terms constitute the entire agreement between us. All prior agreements, negotiations and representations (save for fraudulent misrepresentation) whether oral or in writing are cancelled in their entirety.
- 30. We may revise these Terms at any time and will inform the Charity of any such changes. The Charity's continued use of the Website following the issuance of such revised Terms will be deemed acceptance by the Charity of the revised terms.
- 31. We may contact the Charity by telephone, post or e-mail in relation to these Terms.
By registering with the site you agree with these Terms. By registering, you confirm that you have authority to bind the Charity. If you refuse to accept these Terms, the Charity will not be able to register (or continue to be registered, as the case may be) with the Website.
We recommend that you print a copy of these Terms or save them to your computer for future reference.